Mahila Samman Savings Certificate 2023: Central government has proposed an investment and saving scheme for women’s empowerment in India. India’s Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman announced the scheme in the Union Budget speech.
Mahila Samman Savings Letter is making the women of the country financially empowered and empowered.
You to move forward towards economic prosperity by investing in “Mahila Samman Bachat Patra” at the post office.
What is Mahila Samman savings certificate?
The Mahila Samman savings certificate scheme is a new central government scheme to encourage Indian women to save capital and investment in India. This is an investment scheme which is started for women’s empowerment. The money invested under this scheme will remain deposited for 2 years and will be returned with interest.
Under this scheme, women can deposit up to Rs 2 lakh for 2 years. The scheme offers a fixed interest rate of 7.5% from April 2023 to March 2025
Official Website: Mahila Samman Savings Certificate
The key features of the Mahila Samman Savings Certificate scheme
Women and girls of any age can deposit in MSSC. Minimum deposit amount Rs. 1,000 and Maximum deposit amount Rs. 2 lakh for Deposit period of 2 years. Interest rate 7.5% per annum (compounded quarterly) along with Partial withdrawal facility, up to 40% of the deposit amount after one year from the date of account. Tax benefits in MSSC scheme, The interest earned on the Mahila Samman Savings Certificate is taxable. However, the deposit amount is eligible for deduction under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
Is MSSC interest taxable?
You do not get any tax benefits in the MSSC scheme. This no-tax benefit scheme means your interest is taxable which you will earn under this scheme.
- This savings scheme does not provide you with any tax benefits.
- Your tax deduction on investment will not refund under this scheme.
What is the benefit of Mahila Samman savings certificate?
- This is a flexible investment scheme and partial withdrawal option offering a scheme for women.
- You can invest for 2 years and get a fixed interest rate.
- You can invest as little as ₹ 1,000 up to a maximum of ₹ 2 lakhs.
- This scheme is offering a 7.5% fixed interest rate on your investment.
- Your investment is secured because of its central government scheme.
- You can withdraw up to 40% of the balance after 1 year of investing.
What is the interest rate of Mahila Samman Bachat Patra Yojana?
The scheme is available for 2 years and offers a fixed interest rate of 7.5%. Interest is compounded on a quarterly basis, which means interest earned every quarter is revised, which again earns interest
How to apply for MSSC scheme?
- Visit the nearest post office or bank branch to apply Mahila Samman Savings Certificate.
- Aadhar Card Number and PAN number is required document for this scheme application form
- The application form must be filled out completely and submitted along with Aadhar and pan card documents.
Q.1 Is interest on Mahila Samman saving certificate taxable?
Ans. Yes, interest on the MSSC scheme is taxable which means it is no tax benefit scheme for women.
Q.2 What is eligibility for Mahila Samman Savings Certificate?
Ans. Only Indian girls or woman is eligible for the Mahila Samman Savings Certificate scheme. If minor, the guardian on behalf of a minor girl.
Q.3 Where to open mahila samman bachat patra?
Ans. You can open Mahila Samman Bachat Patra at your nearest post office or at any Post Office across India.
Q.4 Is Mahila Samman savings certificate exempt from tax?
Ans. Mahila Samman savings certificate does not provide you with tax benefits which means it is not exempted from tax.