EPFO Portal: The Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) is indeed one of the largest social security organizations in the world in terms of its clientele and the volume of financial transactions it handles. The EPFO is a statutory body under the Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India.
What is EPFO?
The EPFO’s primary responsibility is to administer the Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF), a scheme that aims to provide financial security and retirement benefits to employees in the organized sector in India. Employers and employees make regular contributions to the EPF, and the funds are then managed and invested by the EPFO.
The primary responsibility of the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) is to administer the Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF) scheme in India. The EPF scheme is designed to provide financial security and retirement benefits to employees working in the organized sector.
Under the EPF scheme, both employers and employees make regular contributions towards the provident fund. The contributions are based on a fixed percentage of the employee’s salary, with a current rate of 12% of the employee’s basic salary plus dearness allowance. The employer contributes an equal amount to the EPF on behalf of the employee.
who comes under epfo?
Employees in the Organized Sector-
The EPFO primarily caters to employees working in the organized sector, which includes establishments such as private companies, public sector undertakings, factories, industries, and establishments with 20 or more employees. In some cases, establishments with less than 20 employees may also voluntarily opt to become members of the EPFO.
Contractual and Temporary Employees-
In recent years, the EPFO has also extended coverage to contractual and temporary employees in certain sectors. This ensures that these employees are entitled to EPF benefits and social security.
Employers who have establishments falling under the purview of the EPFO are required to register with the organization and enroll their eligible employees for the EPF scheme. Employers are responsible for deducting the employee’s share of the EPF contribution from their wages and contributing their own share to the EPF.
How to fill e nomination in epfo?
To fill the e-nomination form in EPFO (Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation), you can follow these steps:
1. Visit the EPFO member portal
Go to the EPFO member portal website (https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/). Ensure that you have your Universal Account Number (UAN), password, and login details ready.
2. Log in to your epf account
Enter your UAN, password, and captcha code, then click on the “Sign In” button to log in to your EPFO member account.
3. Access the e-nomination facility
After logging in, navigate to the “Profile” menu and click on the “e-nomination” option. This will take you to the e-nomination page.
4. Fill in the details
On the e-nomination page, you will find various sections to fill in the required details. These sections typically include personal details, family details, and nominee details. Provide accurate information such as your name, date of birth, address, and contact details. Also, fill in the details of your family members and nominees, including their names, dates of birth, and relationship with you.
5. Specify the share of nominees
You may have multiple nominees for your EPF account. In the e-nomination form, you will have the option to allocate a specific percentage or share of the EPF amount to each nominee. Indicate the share or percentage for each nominee accordingly.
6. Verify the information
Review all the information you have provided in the e-nomination form. Ensure that the details are accurate and up to date. If any changes or corrections are required, make them before proceeding.
7. Save and submit the form
Once you have reviewed and verified all the details, save the form by clicking on the “Save” or “Submit” button. The exact wording and placement of this button may vary on the EPFO member portal.
8. Confirmation and acknowledgment
After submitting the e-nomination form, you should receive a confirmation message or acknowledgment. Take note of any reference number or confirmation details provided.
How to update bank details in epfo?
Make sure you have your Universal Account Number (UAN), password, and login details ready. And go to log in to your EPFO member account. The exact wording and placement of this button may vary on the EPFO member portal.
To update your bank details in EPFO (Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation), follow these steps:
1. Visit the EPFO member official website to the EPFO member portal website (https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/).
2. Log in to your account by entering your UAN, password, and captcha code, then click on the “Sign In” button.
3. After logging in, go to the “Profile” menu and click on the “Update Bank Account” option. Now it will take you to the bank account update page.
4. On the bank account update page, you will be prompted to enter your new bank account details. Fill in the required information, including your bank account number, branch IFSC code, and other relevant details.
5. Review the bank account details you have provided to ensure they are accurate. Double-check the bank account number and IFSC code for any errors.
6. Some EPFO member portals may require you to upload a scanned copy of a canceled cheque or bank passbook as a supporting document for the updated bank details. If this is required, make sure you have the scanned copy ready and upload it as instructed.
7. Once you have entered and verified the bank details, save the changes by clicking on the “Save” or “Submit” button.
8. After submitting the bank details update, you will receive a confirmation message or acknowledgment. save this reference number or confirmation details provided by the portal.
How to reset epfo password?
Follow these steps to reset your EPFO password:
1. Visit the EPFO member’s official website.
2. Click on the “Forgot Password” to initiate the password reset process.
3. You will be prompted to enter your Universal Account Number (UAN). Enter your UAN in the blank box.
4. After entering your UAN, you will need to verify the personal details associated with your EPFO account (like your name, date of birth, registered mobile number, and email address).
5. Once you have verified your personal details, EPFO will send an OTP to your registered mobile number and email address. Enter an OTP on the EPFO member portal to authenticate your account.
6. After successfully entering the OTP, you will be directed to set a new password for your EPFO account. Enter a strong and secure password.
7. Once you have set your new password, save the changes by clicking on the “Save” or “Submit” button.
8. After saving the new password, you should receive a confirmation message indicating the successful password reset. You can then use your updated credentials to log in to your EPFO member account.
Your EPFO Portal Quieres
epfo member login,
epfo member portal,
epfo member passbook,
epfo uan login,
epfo online claim
epfo member home,
epfo employer login,
epfo claim status,
epfo employee login,
epfo login passbook,
epfo login uan,
epfo portal login,
epfo unified portal,
epfo e sewa,
epfo e nomination,
epfo passbook login,
epfo customer care number,
epfo balance check
epfo uan activation,
epfo claim online,
epfo member portal login,
epfo establishment search,
epfo forgot password,
epfo helpline number,
uan epfo login